Learn an approach for identifying your community’s coastal hazard issues, ecosystem services that can reduce hazard impacts, and green infrastructure practices that can provide those services. Develop the beginnings of a community green infrastructure plan.
- Document coastal hazards affecting your community. Explore coastal hazard maps for your location.
- Identify ecosystem services that mitigate the impacts. Click through a visual and descriptions of the multiple benefits provided by nature.
- Understand green infrastructure practices that provide essential ecosystem services. Explore the various practices available that provide services and reduce hazard impacts. Document these in the green infrastructure plan provided.
- Explore how other communities are implementing green infrastructure. Read peer-to-peer case studies.
- Find additional training to build off your work. Link to NOAA’s virtual and in-person Nature-Based Solutions for Coastal Hazards trainings.
Internet connection, ability to download Word or PDF template
American Institute of Certified Planners – one hour
- For a live, interactive experience with the added benefit of insights from your peers, participate in the Virtual - Nature-Based Solutions for Coastal Hazards.
- For an in-person instructor-led training, please check the upcoming offerings for our Nature-Based Solutions for Coastal Hazards, or request to host this course.