This course is a starting point for coastal managers and planners preparing to design and implement green (natural) infrastructure projects to reduce natural coastal hazards in their communities.
The Office for Coastal Management also offers an instructor-led, onsite version of this course that is more in depth.
To host this virtual course, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course consists of two parts:
Part 1: Self-Guided Online Module (1 hour)
- Participants learn foundational concepts before attending a virtual training.
Part 2: Live, Online Instructor-Led Training (2 hours)
- Participants interact with peers and experts to learn more about green infrastructure implementation, including overcoming challenges.
- Describe green infrastructure practices that can reduce hazard impacts and build community resilience
- Overcome common challenges associated with implementing green infrastructure
- Access experts, peers, resources, and future learning opportunities supporting green infrastructure
Internet, ability to connect to Adobe Connect webinar platform, computer speakers
Continuing Education Credits
This course offers three hours of continuing education credits for the American Institute of Certified Planners and Certified Floodplain Manager professional certifications.