Virtual - Estimating the Local Marine Economy: Telling Your Story
Many jobs in coastal communities depend on marine resources and access to waterways. These jobs can be vulnerable to hazards such as coastal flooding and lake level changes. This course will help participants tell a compelling story about the importance of their waterfront by identifying local marine jobs and using local economic data. These stories are helpful when compiling information for comprehensive coastal resilience planning efforts, grant applications, and outreach projects.
The Office for Coastal Management also offers an instructor-led, onsite version of this course.
To host this virtual course, contact us at email@example.com.
You will learn how to
- Describe the coastal and marine economy for your community using economic data and local knowledge
- Identify industries vulnerable to coastal hazards
- Tell a compelling story with economic data and information for your community
- Internet connection
- Headset, or speakers and microphone
- Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets