This one-and-a-half-hour, interactive course introduces participants to an effective approach for coastal management projects to influence the way people interact with their environment. Community-based social marketing uses a five-step approach and a set of tools to elicit behavior change in specific audiences in order to address environmental and social problems.
To host this virtual course, contact us at email@example.com.
- Identify the steps involved in community-based social marketing projects
- Describe how the approach can improve project design
- Practice applying the first three steps of the method
- Explain key considerations in applying steps 4 and 5, piloting and implementing the strategy
- Describe common tools used in this approach to foster behavior change
- Become familiar with examples of social marketing applied to coastal management issues
- Internet connection
- Adobe Connect. Software and user instructions will be provided in advance. Participants will need to install the application on their computers before the workshop.
Continuing Education Credits
This course offers one-and-a-half hours of continuing education credits through the American Institute of Certified Planners and one hour for Certified Floodplain Manager professional certifications.
Host Course Request
Fostering Behavior Change in Coastal Communities
- Host Information
- Where and When?